miércoles, 21 de abril de 2010

THE EARTHQUAKE


It was very strange to see it from so far, because it's more common to that happend here in the north.


When my mom woke me up that night to tell me what was happend it felt like a lie.

That things never happend, How in Santiago?! ¡those things do not happen!

So it took me a little while to process the news.
Here in Iquique I had a friend who is from Santiago spending the holidays here, but for that weekend she went to Pica, a little town, so we had to call her and tell her the bad news.

Besides her, we as a family had a friend family in Constitución, which was struck by waves from the tsunami, suffered some of the heaviest damage. So we sent many things, like clothes, food, shoes, candles, etc.
About that expierence all we have to learn is to protect ourselves, stay close with the family, and support our country.

1 comentario:

  1. When the "earth-dance" started, I too thought that was a lie.
    How are your family of Constitución now? I hope that ok.

    Well, that is all.

    Bye!

    ResponderEliminar